The Museum of the Cariboo Chilcotin is seeking a highly motivated individual for the position of Project Assistant to complete conservation, restoration, and exhibition tasks with the Museum and support Museum operations where needed. This is a full-time position with competitive wages for a 6-month contract with the possibility of extension based on funding.
Title: Project Assistant
- Post-secondary education and/or a combination of relevant experience;
- Legally entitled to work in Canada;
- Valid BC Driver’s license.
Skill and Knowledge Requirements:
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Able to work effectively in a team environment, multitask, and problem solve;
- Able to work with databases to enter photos, metadata, sound, etc.;
- Manage sensitive information and maintain confidentiality;
- Excellent organization, interpersonal, and communication skills;
- Enthusiasm in promoting local history, heritage, and culture;
- Ability to demonstrate interpersonal skills in an effective manner;
- Experience working in the GLAM (Gallery, Library, Archives, and Museums) is an asset;
- Conservation or restoration experience/knowledge is an asset;
- Experience working with artifacts, creating catalog records, and writing digital records to develop statistics and other data relating to the collection is an asset not a requirement.
Term: 6-month contract, full-time (35 hours a week) from May – Oct 31
Application Deadline: May 20, 2020
Required Documents: Please send a resume and cover letter via email to the Museum Manager Alex at email@example.com in advance of the deadline. We thank all applicants for their interest – only those selected for an interview will be contacted.