The Museum is looking for students with interests in local history to complete curatorial projects and assist with the operations of the museum over the summer of 2018.
- Currently enrolled in and returning to full-time post-secondary studies.
- Canadian Citizen, permanent resident or refugee status in Canada between 15 and 30 years old.
Preference will be given to those enrolled in a relevant field such as museum studies, history, anthropology, archeology, sociology, conservation, or Indigenous studies.
Skill and Knowledge Requirements:
- Excellent research, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills;
- Strong writing, speaking, and critical thinking skills;
- Flexible, resourceful, able to work both as part of a team and independently within workplace guidelines;
- Able to switch between various ongoing projects and prioritize goals as needed;
- Efficient knowledge of computer software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access;
Term: Seasonal full-time, for up to 14 weeks between May 14 and August 18, 2018.
Application Deadline: Tuesday, May 1, 2018
- Cover Letter
- Official Post-Secondary Transcript
- Proof of enrollment in Fall 2018
Apply in person at 1660 Broadway Ave S, Williams Lake, just ask for Joe; or send documents to Joe via e-mail: email@example.com. Inquiries can also be made to the museum at 250-392-7404.
We thank all applicants for their interest – only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This position, including but not limited to the wage amount and term of employment are subject to funding through the Canada Summer Jobs and Young Canada Works programs for 2018.