The Museum of the Cariboo-Chilcotin is looking for a highly motived individual for the position of Office Manager to maintain the administrative side of the Museum and support the collection work where needed. This is a full-time position, with competitive wages for a 1 year contract with the possibility of an extension based on funding and performance.
- Office Manager
- Secondary school graduation or equivalent.
- Experience providing administrative and financial support services for a group of staff.
- Experience leading others.
- Knowledge of standard office procedures.
- Minimum 3 years experience in office administration; a combination of education and/or experience. Staff supervision is an asset.
- Legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Valid BC Drivers License
- Experience in project/office management;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software and other computer applications;
- Knowledgeable in the use of social media
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work as a team or independently
- Excellent research, organization, interpersonal, and communication skills;
- Enthusiasm in promoting local history, heritage, and culture;
- Provide reception services, answer questions, and research using the Museum catalog and archives on behalf of visitors and clients;
- Support the museum coordinator with projects, including research services in the archive and reference library as needed
- Tracking of visitor statistics and maintaining lists of society membership;
- Open and close the museum on days of work and follow day-to-day procedures
- Ensure that the content of the website and social media are up to date;
- Determine the need for, recommend the purchase of, and coordinate the installation of furniture, equipment and telecommunications products, including personal computers, software, telephones and faxes.
- Monitors the inventory of supplies, equipment and furniture and orders as required.
- Coordinates office and works with facilities management staff regarding building maintenance services and accommodation requirements.
- Correspond by telephone, email, social media, and web inquiries as needed;
- Prepares and/or oversees the preparation of documents such as reports, spreadsheets, and briefing notes by using desktop tools such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook; and drafts replies to routine correspondence.
- Develops, implements and updates the administrative framework for the museum ensuring the full scope of administrative services are provided to program staff and provides guidance and problem solving on administrative issues.
- Participates in budget development with the Treasurer by reviewing previous years’ expenditures, anticipating future program and/or project needs and the impact on the administrative budget (i.e., salary, travel, training, office supplies, and equipment) and recommending administrative budget needs and expenditures.
- Coordinates financial activities (budget tracking, contract administration, accounts payable, purchasing)
- Functions as the museums administrative resource for human resources, payroll and leave management matters including consulting with the board of directors.
- Manage and assist with projects;
- Other tasks as required.
- Friday 7 June 2019
Please send a resume and cover letter via email to the Museum Coordinator at email@example.com in advance of the deadline or drop them off at the Museum of the Cariboo Chilcotin at 1660-B Broadway Ave S. Williams Lake.
We thank all applicants for their interest – only those selected for an interview will be contacted following the application deadline.