The Museum of the Cariboo-Chilcotin is looking for two highly motived individuals for the position of Project Assistant to complete conservation tasks with the Museum and support the Museum staff where needed. This is a full-time position, with competitive wages for 1 year contracts with the possibility of an extension based on funding and performance.
- Project Assistant (1 year contract)
- Post-secondary education and/or a combination of experience
- Valid BC Drivers License
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Experience working in the GLAM (Gallery, Library, Archives, and Museums) is an asset.
- Experience working with artifacts, creating catalog reports, and writing digital records to develop statistics and other data relating to the collection is an asset not a requirement.
- Conservation or restoration experience/knowledge is an asset
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Able to work effectively in a team environment, multitask, and problem solve
- Able to work with databases to enter photos, metadata, sound, etc.
- Photography experience preferred
- Manage sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- Excellent organization, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Enthusiasm in promoting local history, heritage, and culture
- Ability to demonstrate interpersonal skills in an effective manner
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Friday 7 June 2019
Please send a resume and cover letter via email to the Museum Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org in advance of the deadline or drop them off at the Museum of the Cariboo Chilcotin at 1660-B Broadway Ave S. Williams Lake. We thank all applicants for their interest – only those selected for an interview will be contacted following the application deadline.